Ready Steady Go Kids commenced in 2004 in our quest to help all children benefit from sport and physical activity. Today, our physio-designed program is run at approximately 200 locations across Australia and many more internationally.
Each Ready Steady Go Kids class is run indoors for a duration of 45 minutes, and we cover five sports per term.
Our classes are designed to focus on a specific gross motor, hand-eye/foot-eye and/or balance activity to complement the sport component and our program structure is repeated each week so that participants become familiar and comfortable with the routine.
To ensure that every participant receives a high level of attention and support, we maintain a low instructor to student ratio. Our instructors have (as a minimum) a Level 1 Coaching qualification under the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme from the Australian Sports Commission, a current working with children check and extensive experience in teaching preschool-aged children.
We invite and encourage parental participation in our classes, and – trust us – parents love our classes as much as the kids!
- Introduce preschoolers to a variety of sports in a structured, safe, inclusive and non-competitive environment.
- Show preschoolers that sport and physical activity are fun, thus developing a lifelong passion for exercise.
- Develop and enhance age-appropriate gross motor skills,coordination and correct posture.
- Introduce and reinforce the importance of warm-up and stretching to help prevent injuries, and proper hydration.
- Teach the importance of good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Decrease childhood obesity.
- Increase each child’s confidence.
- Prepare children for school and participation in the broader community.